The Great Victory on Qur'anic Hermeneutics
Al-Fawz al-Kabir fi Usul at-Tafsir: The Great Victory on Qur'anic Hermeneutics is a manual of the principles and subtleties of Qur'anic tafsir.
In it, the author outlines the five fundamental sciences that the Qur'an contains:
- the science of polemics;
- reminding others of the favours of Allah;
- the reminder of death and what is after it;
- and the science of rulings.
He also reviews the other sciences of tafsir such as:
- the circumstances of revelation (asbab an-nuzul),
- abrogating and abrogated ayat (an-nasikh wa'l-mansukh) and
- the unusual words and phrases of the Qur'an (ghara'ib al-Qur'an),
- before concluding the book by looking at the extraordinary and miraculous aspects of the Noble Book, and
- a final chapter on the meanings of the letters of the Arabic alphabet.
This is recommended for any student of the Qur'an.
148 x 210mm